Diameter: The inner diameter should be suitable, if too small; it will increase the flow velocity inside the hose and cause the system being heated up, and result in producing over pressure to reduce efficiency and affecting the performance of whole system. If the rubber hose is clamped or put through the spacer such as steel plate, its outer diameter should always be considered.
2. Working Pressure: the referred dynamic working pressure of rubber hose is referring the allowed maximum pressure during continuous operation; it’s the safety coefficient for hydraulic rubber hose stipulated by relevant standards. The recommended working pressure should be one forth of the minimum burst pressure of rubber hose.
3. Impulsive Pressure & Fatigue Life: selection of rubber hose is based on the designed highest pressure value of hydraulic system. Sometimes, the impulsive pressure occurs due to the dynamic pressure of the hydraulic system, value of impulsive pressure may instantly be higher than the system’s highest pressure; but the system usually has relief valve, so, the impulsive pressure will not seriously affect the fatigue life of rubber hose. As to the hydraulic system of frequent impulsive pressure, it is suggested to choose the impulsive pressure resistance rubber hose.
4. Temperature Scope: Customers should correctly apply the rubber hose according to its quality, if the ambient temperature exceeds its specifications, its pressure bearing capacity will gradually be weakened to affect the fatigue life of rubber hose. If the system is long time in too high or too low temperature condition, we suggest applying the braided hose.
5. Chemical Compatibility: If the flow of rubber hose is special medium, it should be assured to select compatible materials for inner & outer layers, joints and O-rings.
6. Bend Radius: The minimum bend radius should be considered during installation, if the radius is too small, it will affect its pressure bearing capacity and fatigue life.
7. Friction: If the rubber hose get in touch with or rub against hard objects during operation, it is suggested to add an outer protection layer on the rubber hose.